Unit F11, Roete 24 50 Herman Street Meadowdale Johannesburg South Africa
What is a “Jumper”?
- Commonly referred to as a “Jumper”, “Jumper Bar”, or “Terminal Block Jumper”
- It is a short length or conductor (commonly copper)that is used to connect two or more points in a electrical circuit
- Very commonly used in industrial control panels
- Are mainly intended for use with specific hardware, such as terminal blocks
Use of Jumpers?
- Are not required in most cases, but save a lot of time
- Eliminate the need to run small lengths of wire between two points (such as terminal blocks)
- Commonly used in motors, circuit boards, and many of electrical applications
- Used to monitor things like: run status of a motor, alarm status, etc.